A Career in Interior Designing
It is an art to convert any normal looking living space into an aesthetically beautiful looking place. To do this you need the right eye for style, color choices, lights, and overall good visualization. With the best of abilities, interior designer makes sure the designs are not only visually beautiful but also functional at the same time to give the client comfort along with the class.
Nowadays, youths are getting interested in decorating their own space with the help of data and designs available on internet therefore, there is no shortage of interior designers and the competition is very high. Hence, only the best Interior designer with creative mind and knowledge of basics of Interior designing along with latest trends, and technologies can survive in this competition. And for all this, it is imperative to have a degree/diploma in Interior Designing.
2 simple steps to be a successful Interior designer.
To be a successful Interior designer you need to have expertise over 2 types of skills:
- The first step is to start exploring and improving your natural skillsets. You must identify whether you have these qualities and start working on them. With the below qualities and the right education, anybody can become a successful Interior designer.
Top qualities that Interior designer must acquire:
- A Creative mind with a good imagination
- Sense of style, Good Eye for colors, lights, etc.
- Problem Solving Attitude
- Good communication skills
- Competitive spirit
- Good Business sense
- Take the next step to join a renowned Interior Designer institute to improve your acquired skills. This is a smart way to enhance your skills as these institutes teach you more than just Interior designing. Today’s Interior designers need to be much more than just designers. At every step of the career, they need to be super creative, & show good management skills which will help them to sustain in this competitive industry.
Let’s clear some more common questions about Interior designing courses…
- How many types of courses available in Interior designing??
There are various courses available in Interior designing as per your interest and subjects covered in courses. The most famous and promising course options are as below:
- Bachelor of Vocation (B. Voc.) 3 years Degree Course in Interior Designing
(UGC Approved Recognized University)
- PG Diploma in Interior Designing with CAD
- 3 years Expert Diploma in Interior designing
- 2 years Advance Diploma in Interior Designing
- 1-year Diploma in Interior designing with CAD
- Any minimum qualification required for Interior designing courses?
The minimum requirement for most of the diploma courses is 10+2 and post-graduation diploma courses will require graduation in any stream.
- Any Age criteria for these courses?
As such, there are no age criteria. If you qualify then eligibility criteria, then anyone can take admission for these courses.
- What are other career options available after Interior designing courses?
Most people think after completion of this course, one can be only designing the residential houses. There are many career options available after these courses as per below:
- Commercial Designer
- Hospitality Designer
- Set Designer
- Landscape Designer
- Color and Light Consultant
- Interior Stylist
- What are the key steps to remember while becoming a successful Interior Designer?
- Get a Degree/Diploma from a renowned Institute
- Make a portfolio
- Keep yourself updated
- Make good contacts
- Remember competition is fierce in Interior Designing
- Know your clients well
- Which is the Best Interior Designing Institute in New Mumbai?
Join a diploma/degree course with a renowned name in the Interior and fashion industry – Technical Institute of Interior & Fashion Studies (TiiFS) in Navi Mumbai. TiiFS is a pioneer in Interior and Fashion designing in Navi Mumbai which is recognized by the government. So, go ahead and enroll yourself in any desired course.
Please visit the address & contact number given on the website of Technical Institute of Interior & Fashion Studies (TiiFS)