ASSEMBLING OF A BERKEY PRO CARE MAINTENANCE KIT
It might look like a waste of time and energy when assembling a tool or a kit. But, do you know that you can successfully assemble your Berkey pro care maintenance kit by yourself? Yes, you can achieve that when you follow the below steps to assemble a Berkey filters system. It only takes 5-10 minutes, and everything is set up when you do so. You can buy a maintenance kit from USA Berkey Filters.
Therefore, read on to find out how you can assemble a Berkey filter system.
How to Assemble Berkey Filter Without a Tool
The below is a step-by-step guide on assembling a Berkey system Without tools and within 5-10 minutes.
- The lib knob should be attached.
- In the threaded spigot part, you will insert a washer.
- In the hole of the lower Chamber, insert the spigot and turn it to 9 o’clock position.
- In the threaded part of the spigot that is the lower Chamber, you will insert a washer.
- Use a nut to secure the spigot.
- From the inside, you will hold the nut and then turn the spigot in an upright position.
- Next, the holes that you are not using install the plugs inside.
- The filtration element should be primed.
- For the upper chamber holes, you need to install filters while using wing nuts and washers. But be cautious that you do not over-tighten the filters.
- The upper Chamber should be placed on top of the Chamber that is lower.
- You should use water to fill the upper Chamber.
- Then, you will place the lid on top.
- Then use priming- it is required that before using black Berkey, you need to prime it. Although it is a bit complicated
- The circular priming button needs to be located that is contained in the box.
- In the threaded stem of the filtered element, you will need to press the button.
- On the top against your kitchen faucet, you need to use absolute care to press the filter with the priming button.
- At a slow pace, turn the cold water on so that it can flow inside.
- You will have to wait for a moment for it to start running down the side of the filter.
- Then, hold on for another 5seconds, and with the next element, repeat the process.
If you are using PF-2 fluoride elements, there is a different process to follow. Which are-:
- washing of the exterior with a mild soap.
- Then you will remove the blue caps from the end.
- Chose any end and placed the priming button on top of the filter
- Against your faucet, press the purging button up.
- You Should turn on the cold water slowly.
- Then, hold on for some minute for the water to start coming out from the other end of the filter and rinse away dust from the media.
- If the water is not clear, do not discharge, so allow the water to discharge until the water has become clean and clear.
- The filter should be turned upside down and repeat the process.
- In each direction, purge the elements more than one time.
With the above, you can create successfully assembly your Berkey filter within 5-10 minutes. It is not difficult as you think; all you need to do is to set aside time to assemble it in the right way.