Beginner’s Guide to Advertising on YouTube
YouTube advertising is a big opportunity due to its millions of monthly users. This beginner’s guide will explain YouTube advertising and how to start your ad campaign.
Types of YouTube Ads
- Skippable In-Stream Ads: You can skip these YouTube ads after watching for a few seconds. Advertisers only pay if you watch at least 30 seconds or click on the ad.
- Non-Skippable In-Stream Ads: These are short ads that you can’t skip. They’re usually around 15 seconds long and get straight to the point.
- Bumper Ads: These are super short, non-skippable ads that last for only 6 seconds. They’re great for quick messages.
- Video Discovery Ads: You see these on the YouTube homepage, in search results, or as related videos. Advertisers only pay if you click to watch the ad.
- Overlay Ads: These are small ads that show up on the lower part of a video. They can be words or pictures and usually appear during longer videos.
- Display Ads: These ads show up to the right of the video player or above the list of video suggestions. They can have pictures, text, or videos.
- Sponsored Cards: These little interactive cards pop up during a video and show related stuff, like products from the video.
Why Advertise on YouTube?
- Huge Audience: With billions of users worldwide, you can reach many people, no matter what you’re promoting.
- Engagement: People love watching videos, so your message can be super engaging.
- Customization: You can target specific groups of people based on their interests, which means your ads reach the right folks.
- Budget-Friendly: You can set your budget, whether you’re a small business or a big one.
- See How You’re Doing: YouTube provides you with valuable data and insights, enabling you to assess the performance of your ads and make informed decisions.
Starting Your YouTube Adventure
Make a Google Ads Account
You can make one on the Google Ads website.
Connect to YouTube
If your business has a YouTube channel, make sure to link it with your Google Ads account. This step is crucial for effectively running ads on YouTube.
Decide What You Want
Before creating any ads, consider your objectives. Are you aiming to increase brand awareness, drive website traffic, or boost product sales? Your goals will help you plan your ads and budget.
Create Cool Content
Your ads need to be interesting and fit your target audience. Whether you’re making a video or a picture ad, make it grab people’s attention.
Set Your Money Limits
Determine your budget for your ads. Google Ads offers spending options like CPV and CPM. Pick the one that suits you best.
Find Your Audience
Use YouTube’s tools to pick who sees your ads. You can aim for ages, interests, and more. This way, your ads are shown to the right people.
Start and Keep an Eye on Things
Once prepared, launch your ad campaign and monitor its performance, tracking viewers and actions taken.
Test and Make It Better
YouTube advertising varies; test different ad types, audiences, and messages to find your best strategy. Keep making your ads better based on what you learn.
Follow the Rules
Don’t break any of YouTube’s advertising rules. You want to keep a good reputation and reach more people.
Keep an Eye on Things
Always check how your ads are doing. Use the data to see what’s working and what isn’t. Try new things and stay up-to-date with advertising trends.
The Bottom Line
Using YouTube for advertising is a great way to reach many people. If you understand different ad types, who should see them, and what works best, you can create good YouTube ads for your business.
Contact OOm Philippines if you need help with your business’s YouTube ads.