Learn how to install Media Centre Plex in Windows within few minutes
Plex is a free personal streaming service that allows you to easily organize your movie and music library and share it with anyone. The Plex is impressive tool software. The program allows you to stream your media anywhere in the world, on any device, whenever you want.
In this article, we will introduce you to the main concepts behind the program and show you tips on how to install plex server in windows. With Plex you can easily organize your media library to stream on any compatible device.
Plex Media Server
Any Plex configuration needs at least one server. Technically, you can install as many servers as you like, but one is enough for most people. The server acts like as the central point for your media collection. Therefore, you need to choose the device on which you will run the server wisely. If the server is unavailable (for example, if the computer hosting the server is turned off), then you will not be able to watch the media on other devices.
For simplicity, it is easier to move all the media you plan to place on the server on the same drive as the server itself, although the network drives are compatible if you know what you are doing. Almost every computer can able to act as a server.
How to install Plex on Windows?
Like many other applications, installation on Windows is relatively simple. To do this
- Just get Plex for Windows in English (preferably).
- Then just click on install to start the simple installation process of this Media Centre. At the end of the installation, click on Launch and wait for the management page to open in the browser.
- To use Plex, you must create an account (if you don’t already have one).
- Once the account is created, they must authenticate themselves on the platform and proceed with the adjustments indicated at the server and platform level. It is possible to configure various configurations also at the level of the web interface, create users, see associated devices, etc.
- In a first use, Plex does not provide any type of content. To add new content just click on the ‘+ ‘sign, next to Libraries, and choose which type of content to add to the library.
The Media Centre Plex is available for the most diverse systems and equipment, such as Windows, Android, Linux Xbox, etc.
After reading this article, do you want to know about dedicated plex server plans? If yes, click here.