The Latest in Cannabis News and Trends
In the latest Cannabis News, according to a new study focused on Google searches of alternative health, CBD has been discovered to be the most googled product in alternative health trends.
Health scientists and researchers from the universities of San Diego, California, the University of York in the UK, and John Hopkins University in Baltimore measured USA Google searches which mentioned cannabidiol and CBD from 2004 to April of 2019.
The study discovered that while the search volume was consistent between 2004 and 2014, it grew significantly in 2016. The search volumes increased year after year by 125.9% in 2017. And 160.4% in 2018. What’s more, search volumes are expected to go higher in 2019 by 117.7%. In just April of 2019, people googled CBD 6.4 million times. All these findings and details were published in an American medical association journal.
The April 2019 google searches for CBD were three times higher than meditation, five times more than those of acupuncture, and seven times higher than Apple cider vinegar. Although they were on par with e-cigarettes and yoga. CBD google searches also outnumbered; vaccination, veganism, marijuana, and exercise.
The researchers broke down their results by state. CBD searches for this year were highest in Oregon, Colorado, Wisconsin, Vermont, Tennessee, and New Hampshire.
If you are still wondering whether CBD will leave up to the hype. Here is a quick summarization of why so many people continue to look into it and use it.
- It’s not psychoactive, which means you reap all the healing properties without experiencing any mind-altering sensations.
- When you use CBD, you will not experience side effects like headaches, body weakness, insomnia, or loss of appetite which are common with many painkillers and antidepressants.
- Unlike so many kinds of medications, CBD is not addictive and you cannot grow a dangerous tolerance for it.
- CBD has been proven to relieve chronic pain and reduce the symptoms of ailments like anxiety, sleep disorders, depression, and epilepsy.
- There are so many ways you can use CBD. You could ingest it orally through the edibles or oil. There is also a vaping alternative and topical option like lotions, ointments, creams, and sprays.
As you can see, there is a lot to love and gain from CBD. Learn everything you can about CBD before you take the plunge. Whichever way you choose to use your CBD, it is bound to make you healthier mentally, emotionally, and physically.