A better understanding of the dentistry procedures
Dentistry procedures have developed in the current world. The procedures play a vital role in ensuring that all dental problems have been appropriately addressed. Generally, dental issues have become very common, especially in children and young adults, who may lose their teeth if issues are not well taken care of. Dentists have continued to improve dentistry procedures to cater to all their patients’ needs. Skyline Smiles offers different dentistry procedures to address various dental issues. Please book an appointment to get more information. Here are some of the dentistry procedures that you should know.
What is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry is an area where dentists work to prevent, diagnose, and treat all the dental problems children and young adults face. Pediatric dentistry uses a variety of services to achieve the desired result, specifically for children. They include:
- An oral exam. Dentists primarily examine a child’s overall oral health through screening. During the exam, dentists use a handheld mirror to examine or observe children’s gums, teeth, tongue, and lips. If any issues are identified, they take proper treatment action.
- Professional teeth cleaning. Sometimes children may stain their teeth even after brushing and flossing regularly. This will require teeth cleaning. Dentists usually offer a professional cleaning that helps remove stains from their teeth.
- Oral X-rays. This is the use of images that provide more details of the child’s jaws, teeth, and roots. These images are obtained from x-rays that help detect underlying oral issues. They also help determine proper treatment procedures.
- Pediatric crowns. Dentists use crowns for children who have developed cavities and tooth damage. The crowns play a vital role in preventing more complications and restoring the strength of the teeth.
Other standard services used in pediatric dentistry include orthodontics and dental sealants.
What is sedation dentistry?
Generally, sedation dentistry is the use of medication that helps dental patients relax during dental treatment procedures. The sedation allows the patient to observe the whole treatment process. Several sedation dentistry procedures are commonly used. They are;
- The use of nitrous oxide. The dentist makes the patient inhale laughing gas, making them feel relaxed and allowing for a smooth treatment procedure.
- Oral sedation. This procedure recommends the patient take medicine prescribed by the dentist before going for dental treatment. It helps them stay awake during the whole treatment procedure.
- Use of IV sedation. Iv sedation is another commonly used method, where medication is injected into the veins. It ensures that you remain comfortable during the whole process.
The most commonly used is general anesthesia, where a patient is numbed at the regions where the treatment procedure will occur. It helps relieve or altogether remove pain during the surgery.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
It is a widely used dentistry procedure with its primary aim being restoring the whole mouth’s aesthetic appearance. This includes the gums, teeth, and smile. The most commonly practiced procedure is teeth whitening, which helps return teeth to their natural color.
In conclusion, dentistry procedures have significantly developed. Individuals can now feel comfortable as all their dental issues can now be managed correctly. If you have any dental problems, visit a dentist immediately.