Career Opportunities and Salary Details in the Field of Teaching | Receptix
The profession of teaching is one of the most important professions in the line of careers. Without teachers, no country will be able to flourish. The teachers are the catalyst who develop the characters and minds of individuals. Therefore, the profession of a teacher is a noble one, and a teacher is a reputed individual of the society.
So if you are thinking of making a career in the line of teaching, think no further. With this article, we shall provide you with all the requirements one needs to become a teacher and the career scope of the same. Teachers will always be needed in society since learning is a never-ending process.
To get selected as a teacher, you need to have a perfect resume that stands out from the thousand other applicants.
Read in detail on Resume Format for Teacher Job
The Qualifications Required
Since a teaching profession includes a lot of responsibilities and the most important ones in fact. Therefore, even the qualifications required are more strict.
- You need to have a thorough knowledge of the subject that you want to be a teacher for.
- A Bachelor of Education is a must for every teacher in every school that you apply.
- If you wish to attain promotion and teach higher standards, then you can go for a Masters in Education.
- Other courses that refine your teaching skills and knowledge are also available that you can opt for. For instance, you can go for a Basic Training Certificate, Teacher Training Certificate, etc.
- If you are planning on being a teacher in a CBSE affiliated school, then you can clear the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET), and be eligible to teach standards I to VIII.
- To be a professor and teach in college or universities has altogether different requirements. It requires you to have a Masters Degree and then become a specialist by doing M.Phil or PhD.
A teacher is required at every stage of education for imparting knowledge.
- Play Schools
- Nursery Schools
- Elementary Schools
- Secondary Schools
- Universities or College
- You can also be self-employed as a teacher and start tutorials or institutes of your own.
The salary package of a teacher depends on a lot of factors. The school or college that you teach in, the designation that you have as well as on the grades that you teach. At the entry-level, according to PayScale, you can earn INR 2.45 lac on an average. An experienced teacher, on the other hand, can earn around INR 4.71 lac per year.
However, the figures are purely dependent on the factors mentioned above. If you are extremely qualified and have great skills required to be a teacher you can earn far more than the figures mentioned. Teachers are even entitled to a lot of extra benefits like accommodation, pension, gratuity, subsidized fees for children, and many other such additional benefits.
Since the sector of education is at a boom and increasing rapidly, especially in the private sector, the opportunities for teaching are also increasing. The vigor has renewed all over the country with the increase in demand for teachers and the benefits that the teachers receive. Even the salary bracket is expected to rise with time. The profession of teaching is not just a noble one but also an important one. Without teachers, no society will be able to survive, let alone flourish and have talented and skilled individuals.
About The Author:
Sumedha is a Content Developer at Receptix. She is a Post Graduate in English and has the penchant for creating a variety of content that is attention-grabbing. She develops real-world content that can certainly elevate the strategic stance of an organization. Skilled in writing detailed articles about the what’s and if’s of the corporate world and finding a job.