Have you ever missed the times where you used to roam around on a longboard that you actually felt like getting a new one? Your dreams will actually come true with Dokido; being the advanced version of a longboard. Dokido utilizes the saucerang system to propel the board in the forward direction. The word Dokido comes into being after the Japanese words “doki” and “do” where doki means synchronization and do mean way. So, the whole meaning translates to “the way of synchronization”.
Now a question arises that how is dokido different from any other longboard? Well, for the typical longboards you have to push with your feet to make the longboard move while Dokido comes with only one rear wheel and all you have to do is sway on it, with the motion of your body, this longboard moves in the desired direction. Instead of pushing with your feet, you move your body in a “to and fro” motion and you will be able to make the longboard move. Now with this longboard, you are not only enjoying your time out in the city but you are also relieving stress.
Benefits of Dokido:
- It allows you to have a change of environment, you can move from one place to another and you will feel fresh.
- It allows you to develop weight shift in any sport.
- As you age, it is likely that you will get joint pain and stiffness but this longboard prevents that.
- It also allows you to have a good exercise every day, if you missed out on gym one day then you don’t have to worry because you will make up for it with this longboard.
- You can cover long distances with this longboard easily.
If you ever intend to visit your friend who lives 3 blocks away, you don’t have to wait for a ride because you can quickly hop onto the longboard and you will be good to go.
Some of its key features are as follow:
- It is a comfortable and easy ride, even the beginners can learn very easily.
- It is a fun activity; you can go explore various places.
- This longboard is lightweight and since it is portable, you can carry it around anywhere you like.
- Not only is this longboard portable, but since it is made with good materials, it becomes durable too.
- Unlike expensive longboards, this long-board is cost-effective and will also last you for a long period of time.
- It has a unique design which becomes the center of attention.
In order to make it work efficiently, here are some of the steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: It is quite obvious that your first step will actually be stepping on this longboard.
Step 2: Start moving your body in a forward and backward motion and this will help propel the longboard.
Step 3: As soon as you start moving, make sure that you maintain your balance so that you keep moving.
As you are moving your body in the forward and backward direction, the saucerang system turns the wheel present at the back at a full one revolution forward. So, as you keep moving your body in the forward and backward direction, the rear wheel will keep getting the movement of full revolution. This way, you will not have to use your feet to push the longboard, all you have to do is to follow the desired motion and then maintain your balance. Make sure that you practice a few times in your yard or in an open space so that you are able to maintain balance before you actually go on to the streets.
Since it is made with eight layers of bamboo and a carbon fiber bottom layer, it becomes strong and sturdy. Due to this it lasts you for quite a while. No more investing into longboards because this will be good enough for you.
With this longboard, you are not only having fun but you are also having a healthy and active body since it allows you to have a good exercise and also releases stress. Get your hands on this and you will be all set to be super touristy.