Laser Hair Removal In Indiranagar, Bangalore
If you’re tired of shaving, tweezing, or waxing to get rid of unnecessary hair, laser hair removal may be a good choice. Laser hair removal is one of the most common cosmetic procedures in Indiranagar, Bangalore. It sends a directed beam of light through the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles. The hair will be destroyed as a result of this.
In this article, Dr Shweta who is one of the best dermatologist in Indiranagar will discuss everything you should know if you are opting for laser hair removal in Indiranagar, Bangalore.
Laser Hair Removal’s Advantages
Laser hair removal is effective on the face, leg, chin, back, shoulder, underarm, bikini line, and other areas. The following are some of the advantages of laser hair removal:
Precision- Precision is essential. Lasers will target dark, coarse hairs while causing no harm to the surrounding skin.
Speed- The ability to move quickly is another advantage. Each laser pulse lasts a fraction of a second and can treat several hairs at once. Every second, the laser will treat an area about the size of a fifth. Small areas, including the upper lip, can be handled in under a minute, while larger areas, including the back or legs, can take up to an hour.
Predictability- After three to seven sessions, the majority of patients experience irreversible hair loss.
How to Get Ready for a Laser Hair Removal Procedure
“Zapping” excess hair with laser hair removal isn’t the only benefit. It’s a medical procedure that necessitates preparation and carries certain risks. You should carefully check the credentials of the doctor or technician conducting the procedure before undergoing laser hair removal.
If you want to get laser hair removal, you must avoid plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for at least six weeks before the procedure. This is because the laser targets the roots of the hairs, which are removed temporarily by waxing or plucking.
Sun exposure should be avoided for six weeks before and after treatment. Laser hair removal is less successful when exposed to the sun, and complications following treatment are more likely.
What to Expect During Laser Hair Removal
When it comes to laser hair removal, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Your hair that will be handled will be shaved to a few millimeters above the skin surface just before the operation. To assist with the sting of the laser pulses, a topical numbing drug is typically administered 20- 30 minutes prior to the laser treatment. The laser equipment will be calibrated to match the color, thickness, and position of the hair you’re having removed, as well as the color of your skin.
- You and the technician will need to wear adequate eye protection depending on the laser or light source used. It would also be appropriate to use a cold gel or a special cooling system to protect the outer layers of your skin. This will aid in the penetration of the laser light through the skin.
- The technician would then apply a pulse of light to the treatment area and monitor it for several minutes to ensure that the right settings were used and that no adverse reactions occurred.
- To relieve any pain after the treatment, you may be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, or cold water. Your next appointment should be scheduled four to six weeks later. You’ll continue to receive treatments until your hair stops developing.
Risks and Recovery
The treated region of your skin will appear and feel sunburned for a day or two afterward. Moisturizers and cool compresses can be beneficial. When your skin is blistering, you will wear makeup the next day if your face was handled.
Your treated hair will fall out over the next month. To help avoid transient changes in the color of the treated skin, use sunscreen for the next month.
Blisters are uncommon, but they are more common in people with darker skin. Swelling, redness, and scarring are also possible side effects. Permanent scarring or skin color changes are uncommon.
Laser Hair Removal Costs
The average cost of laser hair removal in Indiranagar, Bangalore is Rs. 2000-3000 per session. A total of 5 to 8 sessions might be required for complete laser hair removal in Indiranagar, Bangalore. The price varies greatly depending on a number of factors, including:
- The size of the area to be treated and the amount of time it would take to complete the treatment
- The total number of treatments required
- If the operation is carried out by a doctor or someone else
- The region of the country where the operation will take place.