Subject-wise Tips and Tricks to crack LIC AAO Prelims 2021 Exam
LIC has released a total of 200+ vacancies for the post of Assistant Engineer and Assistant Administrative Officer. LIC recruits candidates every year for the posts of AAO IT, AAO Generalist, AAO Chartered Accountant, AAO Actuarial, and AAO Rajbhasha.
The LIC AAO 2021 exam date is yet to be determined due to the COVID situation. Candidates must follow the official website of LIC to stay updated. However, candidates must keep up with their preparation to stay updated. In this article, we have covered a subject-wise preparation strategy to improve your chances of success.
LIC AAO Prelims 2021: Exam Pattern
The first step towards your LIC AAO Preparation 2021 is to understand the time allotted, marks distribution, and subject weightage. The LIC AAO exam is a three-way process and prelims is the first step. The prelims consist of objective-type questions. However, the syllabus is quite vast and requires a robust study plan.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|English Language (Special Emphasis to be placed on vocabulary, comprehension, and grammar)||30||30||9||10||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||16||18||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||16||18||20 minutes|
LIC AAO Prelims 2021 Exam: Underlying Strategy
The LIC AAO Prelims is conducted in an online mode wherein multiple-choice questions are asked. Following a constructive LIC AAO preparation strategy is the key here. LIC prelims consist of only 3 subjects which allow candidates to prepare well in advance. Candidates must read newspapers and novels to improve their proficiency in the English language.
To crack the LIC AAO prelims it is essential to have access to standard LIC AAO books 2021. Moreover, if you want to boost your chance of success, integration of online resources is imperative! We suggest regularly appearing for mock tests to assess your preparation so far.
How to prepare for LIC AAO Prelims 2021 (Section-Wise Preparation Tips)
English Language: This section will test your understanding of the English language.
- This section is only for qualifying purposes and candidates are required to score the minimum qualifying marks.
- Questions will come from Sentence Correctors, Reading Comprehension, Word Usage, Para Jumbles, Grammar, and Vocabulary.
- This section will test your proficiency in Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Sentence Rearrangements, Fillers, and Odd One Out.
- Read reliable books, newspapers, articles, magazines, and storybooks to build your vocabulary.
Reasoning Ability: Candidates will be asked questions on Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Puzzles, Input-Output, Inequality, and Seating Arrangements.
- This section will also include miscellaneous questions on Blood Relations, Analogy, Direction Sense, Order, and Ranking.
- Candidates must understand the basic reasoning concepts and practice regularly. Use various sources like mock tests, previous year’s papers, and online quizzes to clear your concepts and practice better.
- You must refer to standard books to learn shortcuts to problem-solving.
- Here, candidates must practice and solve mock tests to score well. Moreover, you must allot 2-3 hours daily to practice the reasoning ability part.
Quantitative Aptitude: This part includes Number Series, Quadratic Equations, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Simplification/Approximation, Mixture, and Alligation.
- Candidates must also solve miscellaneous questions on Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude includes the basic mathematics that you have learned till your matriculation level.
- You must mug up mathematical tables till 30 to boost your accuracy and speed.
- You must practice shortcuts to solve the quant questions quickly.
- You must also learn the square roots, squares, and cubes of numbers till 100. This will give you an advantage over other candidates.
How to prepare for the LIC AAO Prelims Exam: Key Takeaways
- Start Early: Though the exam date is yet to be decided it’s always better to prepare well in advance. The LIC will declare the date as soon as the pandemic situation gets better. You must start early to cover the entire syllabus and allow room for multiple revisions. You must download the question papers and answer keys of the previous years to boost your preparation. Solving the question papers of the previous years will enable you to understand how well you are prepared for the exam.
- Chapter Weightage: We have already discussed the weightage of each chapter. You must refer to the question papers of the previous years to assess the weightage of each sub-chapter. It will allow you to understand the pattern of questions asked.
- Time Management: Time management is one of the main aspects of any competitive exam. Often candidates fail the exam despite covering the entire syllabus. You must regularly practice and take mock tests to manage your time better. The more you practice, the more will be your speed. If you want to attempt all the questions it is important to use shortcuts and manage your time well. Moreover, try to set aside a minimum of 5-8 minutes to revise your paper and look for errors.
- Revision and Short Notes: Short notes can level up your LIC AAO prelims preparation. Summarising the entire syllabus into short notes will enable you to understand and retain the concepts easily. You can either make your own short notes or opt for online guides from reliable sources. Short notes allow you to size down the vast syllabus into easy bullet points, diagrams, tables, and flow charts. Moreover, it is important to revise regularly to improve your memory.
- Integration of textbooks with online tools: Well, the success in cracking any competitive exam depends on the study materials to a large extent. However, candidates must refrain from limiting their preparation to textbooks only. It is important to use both online resources and textbooks to cover the syllabus properly. Explainer videos are a great way to learn the concepts better. Moreover, the role of mock tests in cracking LIC AAO prelims is inevitable. Candidates can also use other online resources like revision capsules and quizzes to prepare better.
Without the right strategy and preparation tips, it is challenging to crack the LIC AAO Prelims exam. Don’t rely on last-minute preparation if you want to score well. Start early and revise thoroughly to boost your confidence and preparation. All the best!