The Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
Your teeth play both a functional and aesthetic role. Dental problems such as teeth misalignment may affect your smile. You may develop a negative self-image and avoid being at social gatherings and public places. As an adult, you may cringe at the idea of getting metal braces. However, with modern dentistry, you may consider Cedar Park Invisalign treatment to straighten your teeth and improve your dental outlook.
What is Invisalign?
This is an orthodontic treatment that involves the use of custom-made, clear braces to fix crooked teeth. Invisalign braces do not contain metal wires or brackets and are made using BPA-free plastic. Your specialist may recommend this treatment method to correct various dental imperfections, including:
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps or spaces between your teeth
- Open bite
Benefits of Invisalign braces
- They are more comfortable than metal braces and do not cause irritation
- Invisalign are transparent and therefore invisible to others. This makes them a better option for adults, teenagers, and any self-conscious individual.
- These clear braces are removable. You can therefore maintain healthy oral practices such as flossing and brushing your teeth. The braces can also be cleaned.
- The installation process takes a short time, and you only require fewer check-up visits.
- There are no food restrictions since you can remove the braces whenever you need to eat chewy or hard foods.
- After some time, your teeth become well-aligned.
During a consultation, you may ask your orthodontist about the cost and how the treatment works. Your dentist will examine your teeth to ensure you are eligible for this treatment. If you smoke, you may need to quit since smoking will discolor the braces.
Preparing for clear braces
For preparation, your orthodontist makes tooth impressions to make braces that perfectly fit your teeth. Your doctor may create 3D images of your teeth for mapping. Impressions of your teeth are sent to the lab to facilitate the crafting of your clear braces. Before installing the braces, your doctor will place fasteners on your teeth where the aligners will attach. While it is possible to remove the braces, your specialist may require you to keep these bond fasteners during the entire treatment process, which may take a year.
Your orthodontist will check for fit and make any needed adjustments.
After the aligners are set, your doctor may now put your braces on. You may need to visit your orthodontist after every one or two weeks to get a new set of aligners. You may experience slight discomfort as your dentist places new aligners. The pressure may, however, fade away with time as you get used to the braces.
For successful results, you require to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day. You may, however, remove braces before you eat and when you need to brush your teeth.
It is essential to clean braces to remove any food particles which may lead to tooth decay.
Care guidelines after getting clear braces
- Visit your dentist for regular check-up and monitoring
- Brush and floss your teeth after each meal to maintain healthy teeth
If you would like to improve your smile, contact your specialist at Freedom Orthodontics to learn how Invisalign treatment can be of help to you.