Things That Should Be Considered to Improve UPS’s Life
When we are using a UPS (เครื่อง ups, which is a term in Thai), you often ask yourself how long will your battery last? This depends on how much it is being used. However, no battery lasts forever and hence, you must maintain it properly. Maintaining any battery helps in increasing its life.
Why Should You Use a UPS System?
There are different types of UPS systems that are available in the market. These systems are used for many purposes, some of which are listed below.
- Sudden surge such as fluctuation of electricity.
- Blackouts due to bad weather conditions or grid failure or accidents, etc.
- Over-voltage can cause electric failure and lead to short-circuits. A UPS system helps in preventing such short-circuits.
Factors on Which the Life of a Battery Depends
The life of a UPS battery (แบต ups, term in Thai) depends on various factors.
- Where the battery is being kept: The battery must be kept away from the window or in an open area as it can get damaged due to dust, moisture, etc.
- Room temperature plays an important role in the life of a battery. A very high or very low temperature can affect battery life.
- Storing a battery for more than 30 months can lead to permanent damage.
- Swelling up or leaking of battery due to which the battery life reduces faster.
How to Sustain the Life of a Battery?
To ensure that your battery has a longer life, then you should maintain it regularly. Here are how you can do that.
- Keep your battery away from the window or direct sunlight. This will ensure that your battery does not get dirty or get moisture into it.
- Keep in a place that has a moderate temperature to avoid reducing the life of the battery.
- Irrespective of whether the battery needs maintenance or not, you should maintain it regularly as it can leak or swell up.
- Make sure that you are charging up your stored batteries every six months. Any battery can only stay charged for only 18-30 months.
- Use the battery that adjusts your discharge cycle regularly. This will help in saving time of replacing or disposing of the battery.
UPS batteries are the need of the day, but you have to be careful of how effectively you are maintaining your battery.