What to do when in Knoxville?
Located in eastern Tennessee, Knoxville is one of the cities which takes people back by surprise. If you are going to Tennessee, you must check out Knoxville. Knoxville is a typical depiction of a diverse southern city. Here are some of the best sites and places to check out in Knoxville, TN.
- Visit the Peter Kern Library. It is only identified by its red ball light. It is one of the coolest places to visit in Knoxville. It also boasts of some of the best cocktails in the city.
- Do not forget the Knoxville Museum of Art. It has three floors full of artwork and has the cycle of life installation by Richard Jolley and the Currents. The entry fee is totally free.
- The Tennessee Theatre is one of the unique buildings of the location. It was built in the 1920s and is an old movie palace. If you like theatres, this is a must-visit for you.
- The Market Square is a great spot to gorge on wholesome local food, visit boutiques and grab a tipple.
- The Sunsphere tower is known for its epic views. The sun sphere towel was opened in the 1980s and had a big golden ball-like structure that is located 300 feet above the ground.
- Explore the James White’s Fort. This is the birthplace of the city. You can learn much more about Knoxville’s history here
- Do not miss touring the Bleak house. The Bleak House is a historic property that was the key battle point in the battle between the Confederates and the unionists. Even now, you can see two cannons embedded in the walls.
- If you love street art, visit Strong alley. Located close to Market Square, the best time to visit Strong ally would be around dusk.
- Check out the mural walk located at 1143N Broadway. This is the largest mural and the first mural of Knoxville.
- Stay at the Tennessean. It is located next door to the Sunsphere tower.
- Have a picnic at Mead’s quarry lake. Visitors and locals both visit this place to chill.
- Stock and barrel are all American style restaurant where you will get a deeper insight into American culture.
- Phoenix pharmacy is perfect for enjoying a yummy sweet treat.
- If you love bowling, do not forget to visit Maple Hall. Located next door to phoenix pharmacy, it is a restaurant/bowling alley/bar, all in one.