5 Tips for choosing custom cabinets for your kitchen renovation
So, you’ve made the decision to remodel your kitchen — congrats! However, there are a lot of things that need to get lined up before the project can actually start. Things like, how much money will you allocate to the project and where will it be disbursed, which style of kitchen do you want, will you need to hire additional contractors like electricians to move electrical outlets, and what materials will you purchase.
Regardless of which style of design you want to go with; modern, contemporary, country, or eclectic, having custom cabinets will really set your kitchen apart from other homes on your block. And, this will become a feature that will help if you sell your home in the future.
Choosing custom cabinets
- Pick your style – There are many styles of cabinets to choose from so it will be important that you choose a style that you’re happy with for years to come. You can get inspiration for your style by browsing home decor magazines or Pinterest.
- Pick your color – Your color of cabinets will also be a factor you need to decide on. Will you go with a white cabinet or spruce it up and go emerald? Maybe you prefer to choose a stain instead of a color.
- Pick your budget and stick with it – You’ll need to have a realistic budget in mind when you go talk to a custom cabinet company. Keep in mind however, each feature you add to the design will cause a price increase, so you’ll want to push past your ‘wants’ and go with something more practical.
- Choose a contractor – Probably the most important part of this decision-making process is choosing a contractor who knows what they are doing and that you feel comfortable with.
- Complete research – After you’ve made the decision on remodeling your kitchen, do some research to get a feel for what is currently popular, what materials will stand the test of time, and what you like.