Framing Your Favourite Quote
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes you find words that are meaningful to you in a way that a picture can’t convey. Sometimes a poem, a quote or a letter from a loved one deserves to be celebrated.
Framing meaningful words and displaying them around your home can help you feel inspired and motivated. It can remind you of what’s important in life and help you regain focus.
Framing quotes is also a great way to add a layer of meaning to your space. For example, helping guests feel welcomed when they stay over in the guest bedroom. Or helping you feel inspired when you sit down at your desk.
Paired with a custom frame from a picture frame shop, quotes can be a visually powerful and eye-catching addition to your decor. You can keep it simple and minimalist or find a quote art piece that suits your style.
What are some good quotes to frame?
It can be tricky to decide what words are worth framing. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Quotes that inspire
Sometimes we get discouraged by life. Inspirational quotes are a good reminder of what’s possible and can help us feel hopeful about the future.
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
Quotes that keep you centred
We all need a little reminder of what’s really important in life. Quotes that align with our beliefs and values can help us feel centred and grounded again.
- “Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.” – Pema Chodron
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coehlo
Quotes that make you smile
When life gets too serious, it’s good to remember to smile and have a laugh. Try hanging a framed quote that tickles your sense of humour and reminds you to find moments of joy in your day.
- “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.” – Jim Carrey
- “I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.” – W. C. Fields
Quotes for a significant other
Not so good with your own words? Try sending a message to someone you love by giving them a framed quote that says what’s on your mind.
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride.” – Pablo Neruda
Quotes for a family home
Our families play a big role in shaping who we are. Celebrate the unique flavour of your family by framing a quote that feels true to your tribe.
- “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” – Mother Teresa
- “You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges.” – Elizabeth Berg
- “Family is the most important thing in the world.” – Princess Diana
Styling your framed quotes
There’s no right or wrong way of styling your framed quotes. Afterall, your home should be an expression of the unique personalities that live there. But sometimes it helps to have some ideas.
Here are some ways you can display framed quotes at home:
Above your desk – If you work from home or do creative projects at your desk, that’s a great spot to hang a motivational quote. If you can’t hang the frame, consider displaying it on a bookshelf or on the desk itself.
Gallery wall – Gallery walls are a popular way to display multiple framed items at once. Add some framed quotes into your gallery wall as well as artworks and photographs for variation.
Bedside table – Start your day right by displaying a meaningful quote next to your bed so it’s the first thing you see when you wake up.
Hallway welcome – Set the tone of your house from the moment you walk in the door. A framed quote can help you and your guests bring a good attitude into the home.
What are some meaningful quotes to you? How will you display them in your home?