Health Benefits of Hemp / CBD Oil
Hemp or cannabidiol (CBD) oil is derived from cannabis. While it is from the same plant, it does not give off the “high” because of the absence of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). To date, there is still plenty of controversy surrounding the use of hemp or CBD oil because of the marijuana content, but research and studies have found some benefits to the human body.
- Anti-seizure. While the research is still in its early stages, it has been reported that CBD oil can be used for treating patients suffering from epilepsy. The results have been promising for some patients who experience debilitating symptoms such as nausea and vomiting. While CBD oil cannot be considered a cure, it has been found to help ease the symptoms and seizures without the side effects of other drugs such as liver failure, pancreatitis, or anemia. More studies will need to be made, but patients have already reported lesser seizures with CBD oil.
- Anti-anxiety and anti-depressive. More studies are showing that CBD oil reduces nervousness and other physiological symptoms of anxiety. Heart rate significantly slowed down in persons with anxiety. While it is not yet clearly understood how it works, CBD oil appears to improve receptors for low serotonin levels, which may cause anxiety and depression. CBD oil helps supplement the body’s production of endocannabinoids which regulates anxiety levels and moods, among other things.
- Anti-insomnia. CBD oil seems to promote better sleep for people suffering from insomnia and helps let them stay asleep because of the calming effect on the body. Some anecdotal reports say that insomnia is relieved because the CBD oil targets the causes of insomnia such as anxiety or stress.
- Pain treatment. CBD oil is reported to have helped in the management of pain for cancer patients, arthritis sufferers, migraine, and other chronic pain. Cancer patients found that the combination of CBD oil and opioids helped in relieving the side effects of chemotherapy. Arthritis sufferers experienced relief due to the anti-inflammatory properties of the CBD oil, helping ease joint pains. Interestingly, headaches were relieved only if patients had a history of migraines. As such, more studies and research is needed, but it is already considered one of the safer alternatives for migraines compared to other drugs.
- It helps in neurological problems. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD oil appears to be helpful in the brain receptor called CB1 by reducing the inflammation that worsens the degeneration of nerves.
CBD oil is not yet legal in all US states, but in places where it is legal, you can buy CBD oil with a special license for medical use. Non-prescription CBD oils are not FDA approved, so take caution when purchasing.
If you are looking for a reliable store so you can buy CBD oil, Alpine Hemp is one of the leading brands for CBD and hemp products that will fit different lifestyles and needs. Alpine Hemp products even feature different flavors and come in capsules, tinctures, gummies, concentrates, or vapes and you are assured that they are the result of countless hours of research and tested by a third party for superior quality.