How To Make One Pot Garlic Creamy Pasta?
One pot creamy garlic pasta is one of the favorite pasta recipes of those who don’t like eating meat due to their religion, culture or personal preferences. This is a classic fettuccine alfredo that uses fresh cooked pasta tossed in cheese and butter. The cheese and butter melting together form a sauce. However, in this recipe, we are going to use garlic, heavy cream and more. This recipe is not that closer to the authentic original one. However, if you are a fan of creamy vegan pasta dish, the one pot garlic recipe is ideal for you. Both the pasta and sauce are cooked together in one pot. So, the sauce coats the pasta very well. However, you can cook pasta differently as well.
Use soy milk in this recipe. Local grocers often sell soy milk that is made with soybeans and water only. Choose good quality soy milk which is very creamy and thick. This type of soy milk is the best choice for this recipe. Make sure that it is all-natural soy milk. However, if you don’t like soy milk, you can consider other non-dairy choices with higher water content. Though it will affect the amount of liquid you need and the cooking time, you can easily adjust. If you are considering some other options, start with one cup. You can add more if needed.
Also Read:- How to Make (and Buy) the Best Italian Pasta
You can also add kale or spinach. You can serve the dish alongside other veggies. If you like, you can also accommodate one or two of your favorite “cheezy” ingredients.
- Olive oil – ½ tbsp
- Minced garlic – 4 cloves
- Finely chopped shallot – 1
- Low sodium vegetable broth – 2 cups
- Plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk – 1 ½ cup
- Salt plus more to taste – 1 tsp
- Dry fettuccine – 8 oz
- Dried oregano, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Chopped fresh basil for serving
- Put a large skillet over medium heat to heat the olive oil. Make sure that the skillet is wide enough to fit the fettuccine. You can use a smaller pan but you will have to stir a bit more.
- Add shallot, garlic and a sprinkle of salt and then stir occasionally while cooked for 2 minutes. Shallot will be translucent and garlic will be softened. Avoid browning.
- Stir after adding non-dairy milk, vegetable broth, salt and then stir. Add dry pasta and submerge it under the liquid. If all the pasta is not submerged, you can gently push to soften it.
- Boil and then reduce to a simmer. Stir to separate if pasta starts to stick together. Cook to thicken the sauce onto the pasta. It will take around 20 minutes. You can reduce the heat and add more non-dairy milk if required.
- Season to taste. Now you can serve your one pot creamy garlic pasta with fresh herbs or any other toppings you like. It is enjoyed best when served immediately. You can keep the leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days.
1 third of the recipe (1 serving) provides you with 362 calories. It contains:
- 1g of saturated fat
- 2g polyunsaturated fat
- 2g monosaturated fat
- 659mg sodium
- 256gm potassium
- 62mg carbohydrates
- 4g fiber
- 6g sugar
- 14g protein
- 3mg Vitamin C
- 10mg calcium
- 4mg iron
Add yellow or white miso paste for cheesier taste. You can also use nutritional yeast. Expect it to taste bland if not seasoned properly. You can finish it with a squeeze of lemon juice. If you are using differently-shaped or thinner pasta, you need to adjust the cooking time. Non-dairy milk, pasta and all other ingredients are easily available in your neighborhood. You can buy Italian pasta online as well. Use authentic Italian pasta in this recipe.