Is there any Hard disk recovery software for free?
Having the capacity to store large amounts of data, hard disks are very popular storage devices used these days. Giving space in terabytes, they can gulp as many files as you want which are either source of your income or close to your heart.
However, it is very easy to lose data from a hard disk and you can lose the important stuff in a blink without a notice. Although there is no knock before the data being vanished, there are a few reasons responsible for the same.
Reasons for the loss of data from the hard disk:
There are so many reasons for a hard disk failure and here are a few of them:
- Deleting files accidentally: One of the main reasons for data loss is accidentally formatting or updating the existing data.
- Viruses: Virus attack can corrupt the data present inside a hard disk and make it impossible for you to read it.
- Formatting: You might format a hard disk and later realize that you cleared the wrong hard drive.
- Power Failure: Failing of power while you are transferring some data in your hard disk may result in the loss of that data and you might end up losing it all.
Getting your data back can be quite cost and time-consuming, and choosing the right software to do it is even more challenging.
Methods to recover data for Free from hard disk
Although the market is brimming with numerous softwares to help you recover deleted files from hard drive free, it is really important to choose the free hard disk recovery software offering you the best deal.
This is very Stellar Free Data Recovery software comes into play. The software is compatible to recover free data upto 1 GB and can recover any data be it photos, videos, documents, etc from Hard drive. However, there are also some other manual methods which will work sometimes but however are bounded to some limitations.
Method 1: Stellar is the best free drive recovery software which is also very easy to use and here are the steps which will walk you through the process:
1. Download Stellar free hdd recovery software, from official website of stellar Data Recovery India.
2. Install the free data recovery software on your system.
3. Select the files you want to recover.
4. Select the location you want to recover your deleted files from.
5. Click ‘scan’ and wait while the software is looking for your data.
6. Preview all the files to ensure that they are the ones you wish to recover.
7. Click ‘recover’ and relax back in your chair while hdd data recovery software free gets your files back.
8. Your files are recovered now save them to desired location.
Please note that this software is compatible with various formats including JPG, TIFF, CR2, SR2, MP4, DIVX, OGG, WMA etc.
Method 2: Sometimes you can find your data in the recycle bin and it is very easy to restore data from there and this is how you can do it:
- Go to the recycle bin.
- Right click on the required file.
- Click ‘restore’ and you will find your data in its original place.
However, there are some things which you must know before going for this method:
- Deleting files with Shift+Delete command doesn’t go to the recycle bin.
- A recently emptied recycle bin will not have the deleted files.
- In case your files got erased from an external hard disk, then you won’t find them in the recycle bin.
- As recycle bin’s retention period is 30 days, you will not find your files in there once that is over.
Method 3: Restore ‘Previous Version’
- Right click on the particular file and click ‘Restore Previous Version.’
- A list of all the former versions will pop up from where you can choose the one suitable to your needs.
However, you can use this method only when your system protection is turned on and file history is enabled.
Tips to save you from the hard disk recovery software free download
Although losing data is inevitable, you can at least take some precautions from now on:
- Stop using the hard disk if you hear any kind of sound.
- Make sure to use an anti-virus software to keep away any malware.
- Always have a second copy of your data.
- Keep the hard disk safe from heat and moisture.
There may be so many ways to get your data back, it is always good to take necessary precautions beforehand. Make sure you follow the shared tips and try to be careful with transferring data from one place to another. Moreover, always know that Stellar Data Recovery India has your back forever and it will recover your data for free.