Matthew Davies Looks at the Top Songs of 2019
Music is pure magic; it is a divine way to tell beautiful things to the heart. Listening to songs is one of the greatest mood lifters, a great stress buster, and a wonderful way to spend your time. Every year sees a new trend in songs that becomes a rage with most of us. They top the charts and are on everybody’s playlist. In this article, Matthew Davies looks at the top songs of 2019.
- Billie Eilish– Since her debut album, the world has witnessed a meteoric rise in the quality of songs Billie Eilish has presented to her fan following. The seventeen-year old has garnered a fresh upsurge in attention among the music fraternity by her flagship hit ‘bad guy’. It is surely one of the best songs of 2019.
- Lewis Capaldi– Ranked at spot one on the billboard 100 after having spent seven consecutive weeks at the top of the UK charts, ‘Someone you loved’ is likely to become Lewis Capaldi’s signature hit. This devastating breakup song saw a massive singalong at 2019’s Glastonbury festival.
- Taylor Swift– A name to reckon within the music industry, Taylor Swift’s new album ‘Lover’ went platinum in the US in September. The most heartfelt song ‘You Need to Calm Down’ with a pro-LGBTQ message topped the charts and won two awards including Video of The Year at the 2019 MTV Music Video Awards.
- Sam Smith &Normani- ‘Dancing with A Stranger’ is one the classiest collaboration of Sam Smith &Normani. It rightfully cracked the US and UK top 10’s and has been crowned 2019’s most-played radio tracks of the year. It will continue to remain one of the most sought-after tracks to be played on the dance floor for quite a while.
- Jonas Brothers– The comeback of the Jonas Brothers after a decade long hiatus was marked by ‘Sucker’ which rose to the top for its catchy pop track. It shot straight to No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the New Jersey trio shot to new heights with their music album.
- Maroon 5- One of the most phenomenal songs of the year 2019, Maroon 5’s ‘Memories’ was a tribute to the LA band’s late manager, Jordan Feldstein. For anyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one, the song struck a chord with their emotions behind the great loss. It is one of the most poignant hits which has raised the bars for the group to deliver in the future as well.
- Lizzo– ‘Juice’ by Lizzo is a self-love dance anthem that takes up one of the most talked-about subjects of the year, ‘Body Positivity’. It is built to inspire confidence with the goal of making the listeners feel-good with her fun-loving lyrics and beats that could become a dancefloor favorite.
These new songs have managed to captivate audiences across the world. The pop music world has made the year a transformative one with its killer tracks. Matthew Davies believes that we would continue to witness hit songs like the ones mentioned above in the future as well. If you are a music composer, maybe one of your songs will become the next hit song.