Why Wear Sunscreen When Inside?
A majority of people use sunscreen before going out of their homes. But, do you know that we can wear sunscreen indoors, as well?
The Reasons to Wear Sunscreen Inside
As per the experts, it is important to wear sunscreen even if you are inside. What’s the reason? In case you are near a window or sitting in front of your laptop or computer screen, you are exposing your skin to harmful skin-damaging light. Below are the top reasons to wear sunscreen when inside: Ultraviolet B rays, Ultraviolet A rays, and blue light from televisions, laptops, or desktops.
Ultraviolet B rays
Ultraviolet B rays or UVB rays have the potential to damage the DNA of the skin, causing the inflammatory reaction that causes red sunburns.
Ultraviolet A rays
These can bring about symptoms of aging, such as wrinkles and loss of skin suppleness. Not every window has a protective coating to guard against harmful rays. You must count on sunscreen if you are not sitting in a windowless space.
As per an expert, the blue light from devices like mobile phones, television, laptop, desktop, etc., can harm the skin in the following ways.
- Blue light can produce free radicals, which can result in irritation and breakdown of collagen and elastic tissue.
- It can even boost the fabrication of melanin or pigmentation in the skin that can result in aging spots and melasma.
- You must choose a sunscreen lotion as per your skin type.
- It is also important to consider the sun protection factor (SPF) when purchasing sunscreen.
- You must go for the one that is water-resistance.
- Look for the best sunscreen for oily skin that is rich in antioxidants.